Snow Fungus & Guilinggao 雪耳龟苓膏
30g snow fungus, soaked until soft and cut into small pieces
250g rock sugar
1.3 litres water
2 bowls of Chinese herbal jelly or guilinggao
You can read up my post on making Chinese herbal jelly or guilinggao
The snow fungus before soaking
1. Wash and clean the soaked fungus once it has been soaked till soft. Cut them into small pieces.
2. Boil the snow fungus in 1.3 litres of water
3. Lower to low flame once it has reached boiling point and let simmer for about half an hour.
4. Add in the rock sugar and boil for a further 15 minutes.
5. Switch off the flame.
1. This dessert can be served warm or cold.
2. Cut the Chinese herbal jelly into small cubes.
3. It is preferable to add in the herbal jelly only when you want to consume the dessert, because the black jelly tends to blacken the snowy white fungus if left together for a while.
Serve it warm
It's just as good or maybe better served chilled