Steamed Silver Pomfret (1) 清蒸白鲳鱼 (1)
Recipe source : Own recipe
How To Choose Fresh Pomfrets
No, you don't open the gill and see if it is a rich red. Anyway, a pomfret's gills are too small and difficult to open. This is what you must do. Use a finger to press the operculum (gill cover) and if a whitish or yellowish gluey substance oozes out then it is very fresh. If blood or nothing comes out, you can forget about buying it.
1 silver pomfret about 300g, gut and wash
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp shredded young ginger ( about 10g )
1 tbsp shallot oil
1. Place half the amount of shredded young ginger on a plate.
2. Place the fish on top of the shredded young ginger.
3. Add the remaining shredded young ginger on top of the fish.
4. Pour soy sauce over the fish.
5. Place the plate of fish in a steamer and steam over boiling water at high heat for 8 minutes.
6. Remove from steamer.
7. Dribble 1 tbsp of shallot oil over the steamed silver pomfret.
Simple and delicious