Steamed Silver Pomfret ( 2 ) 清蒸白鲳鱼 （2)
Recipe source : Own recipe
1 silver pomfret, about 300g, gut and wash
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp shredded ginger, 10g
40g salted mustard green, cut into thin slices and then wash under a running tap
20g pork fat, cut into small pieces
1 tbsp fermented black beans, or "tau see" in Cantonese
1 tomato, thinly sliced
1 tbsp of shallot oil
1. Place some shredded ginger into the gills and stomach region of the gutted and washed pomfret.
2. Place some shredded young ginger under the fish in the plate and sprinkle some on top of the pomfret.
3. Sprinkle the fermented black beans over the pomfret.
4. Add pork fat on top.
5. Place the salted mustard green around the pomfret and arrange the sliced tomatoes around it.
6. Place the pomfret into a steamer and steam over boiling water at high heat for 8 minutes.
7. Remove from steamer.
8. Add in 1 tbsp shallot oil of over the steamed pomfret.
9. Serve hot.
Top left : Sliced tomato. Top right : Fermented black beans.
Middle : Pork fat
Bottom left : Salted mustard green. Bottom right : Shredded young ginger
All arranged in a plate and ready to be placed into the steamer
The end result.