Stir-Fried Eggplant With Fermented Soya Beans 茄子炒豆酱
Another simple to prepare dish that goes very well with porridge or rice.
60g fermented soy beans
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 1/2 Chinese rice bowls of water
1. Wash eggplant and cut into thin slices.
2. Heat wok and add cooking oil
3. When the oil is hot, add minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
4. Add the sliced egg plants and stir-fry over heat for 2 minutes.
5. Add in the fermented beans and mix well
6. Add the water and allow to cook over high heat until it boils. (Eggplants absorb a lot of water you may have to add extra water while cooking)
7. Once it boils, reduce to medium flame and continue to simmer until almost dry.