Stir-Fried Snake Beans With Fermented Beans 蛇豆炒豆酱
A simple way to prepare a home-cooked dish. I like to eat this with watery porridge especially on a hot sunny afternoon.
400g snake beans
60g fermented soy beans
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 3/4 Chinese rice bowl water
1. Wash the snake beans. Cut into sections of 4 cm
2. Heat 1 litre of water in a pot and bring to the boil add 1/2 tsp lye water (or kan sooi in Cantonese) Boil the snake beans for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and wash the snake beans with tap water and set aside.
3. Heat a wok and add cooking oil. Saute the minced garlic until fragrant.
4. Add water and fermented beans and bring to the boil.
5. Add the snake beans and let it simmer for another minute.
6. Dish up and serve.