Choc Oatmeal Cookies (Bill Granger)
Almost everyone loves chocolate chip cookies. We are no exception especially my youngest son who loves "Famous Amos" chocolate chip cookies. When he knew I was about to make chocolate chip cookies, he came into the kitchen several times. He was waiting in anticipation and asked several times whether it was done while the cookies were still baking in the oven!
Well, he likes this very much. My biscuit tin was emptied out by the next day!
150g unsalted butter
3/4 cup soft brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
235g rolled oats
175g choc chips
Brown sugar and butter in the mixer
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line baking trays with baking paper or grease the baking trays.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add beaten egg and vanilla extract.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and mix lightly.
4. Add oats and choc chips to combine.
5. Spoon teaspoonfuls of batter onto greased baking trays. Space them apart.
6. Flatten with a fork dipped into flour.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until pale golden.
8. Remove and cool.
9. Store in air-tight containers.
I am linking this post to "Cook Like A Star"
I am also linking this post to Little Thumbs Up
The theme for November is Oats,
Hosted by Vivian Pang's Kitchen