Sunday 21 September 2014

Apple & Carrot With Cabbage In Soup 苹果红萝卜菜干汤

Apple & Carrot With Cabbage In Soup 苹果红萝卜菜干汤


Recipe source :  Soups for all seasons cookbook

I often boil dried Chinese cabbage soup but this is the first time I added apple and carrot to it. The soup is appetising with a very slight tinge of sourish flavour, brought about by the addition of apple. I find it rather refreshing. 

Ingredients


2 apples
8 oz carrot                           ( I used 1 carrot )
5oz dried cabbage            ( I used 3 oz      )
10oz pork shin                    ( I used 350g    )
4 sweetened candy dates ( I used 2 candy dates )
1/4 dried tangerine peel
salt to taste
2000 ml water


Preparation for dried Chinese cabbage

1.  Bring a pot of water to boil. 
2.  Add in the dried Chinese cabbage and switch off flame. 
3.  Allow to cool before cleaning the leaves.
4.  Change water several times and open up the leaves carefully to remove grit and dirt.
5.  Rinse several times and cut into 4cm lengths. 


Method


1.  Cut and core apples. 
2.  Peel and cut carrot into chunks
3.  Wash pork. Scald in boiling water. 
4.  Bring 2000 ml water to boil. Put in all the ingredients (except salt ) and bring to boil again. Lower heat and simmer over low heat for 2 hours.
5.  Add salt to taste.


I am linking this to Little Thumbs Up

Photobucket

The theme for September 2014 is Apple

Hosted by Kit @ I-Lost In Austen



I am also linking this post to Cook-Your-Books #16  


 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg


7 comments:

  1. Hi Doris,
    The last time I used apples in soups was years ago, and have sort of forgotten about it, until LTU this month. Thought of making apple soup too, but till today, nothing is done! haha!
    Your soup looks yummy, I like all the ingredients that you've used.
    Thanks for sharing with CYB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, don't forget, an apple a day keeps the doctor away! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Doris, it's been some years I've last made dried cabbage + pork ribs soup. Occasionally I boil soups using apples but have not tried adding to dried cabbage. Your pot of apple & carrot with dried cabbage soup suits the warm weather. Thanks for sharing ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, Thanks for dropping by. Yes, this soup is good for our warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Doris,

    This is totally new as I have not try cooking apples in savoury soup. This is an interesting combination :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Doris,
    I'm really glad that you share this soup recipe with LTU . I going to try this recipe soon . Thanks for sharing with LTU ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another testimony on how Chief Dr Lucky cured my HIV disease. Do you need a cure for your HIV disease? Do you want to be cured from your cancer disease? Or you want to be free from any type of disease. Kindly visit https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/ . He just cured my HIV disease and I’m very grateful to him, he is the only herbalist that can cure you.
    WhatsApp number : +2348132777335
    Via Email : chiefdrlucky@gmail.com
    Thank you all for reading,
    God bless"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...