Sunday 1 March 2015

Stir-fried Lotus Root With Julienned Cuttlefish 炒莲藕

Stir-fried Lotus Root With Julienned Cuttlefish 炒莲藕


Recipe source :  Adapted from Amy Beh

We love to order stir-fried lotus root when we eat out at a particular "tai-pai tong". That's because this dish is that particular outlet's specialty. 

Amy Beh's version is slightly different as this recipe uses nam-yee, a fermented red bean curd with a distinct flavour, whereas the "tai-pai tong's flavour was very light.

Both are lip-smacking good!

Ingredients


15g dried cuttlefish shreds
100g lotus root, cut into thin slices (use local lotus roots which are smaller in size and more succulent, whereas the China variety which is larger is not suitable for stir-frying)
75g snow peas
80g gingko nuts ( original recipe used carrot slices )
5g dried snow fungus, soaked until soft and shredded into small pieces  ( my own addition )
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp chopped garlic


Sauce Ingredients


1 tbsp abalone sauce
1/2 cube nam yee, mashed with 1 tsp shao hsing wine
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp water


Method


1.  Bring a pot of water with 1/2 tsp salt, sugar and a pinch of bicarbonate of soda and 1 tsp oil to a boil. Put in snow peas. Boil 30 seconds. Remove and immerse in cold water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2.  Blanch lotus roots separately in another pot of boiling water with 1/2 tsp vinegar added to it for 1 minute. Remove and immerse in cold water for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3.  Heat oil in a wok and lightly brown cuttlefish shreds until crispy. Drain and set aside.
4.  Remove oil, leaving 1 tbsp oil in wok. Saute chopped garlic until slightly brown. Add in blanched vegetables, gingko nuts and snow fungus. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add in sauce ingredients.
5.  Return the pre-fried cuttlefish shreds to the wok. Toss briefly until sauce is well combined.
6.  Dish out and serve immediately.







3 comments:

  1. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to use this medium to let everyone know that Herpes Simplex Virus has a complete and Permanent cure and that Dr Razor Herbal Medicine is the solution. I was Diagnosed with Herpes Virus type 1 in January 16, 2015, I have made several Research Hoping to see a true Cure or Healer, Fortunately for me i saw on a blog site how Dr Razor has been saving different lives and marriages with his herbal medicine, At first i did not believe but on a second thought, i decided to give him a try, I contacted him and he assured me of a cure, he prepared the herbal medication for me, which i took for 18 days, he told me to go for a medical check up, could you believe that i was confirm Herpes type 1 Negative after the test, and i went to a different hospital and it was also Negative, I became very happy and decided to write my appreciation article about this Good man. If you are battling with this same Infection or you know of a person who is infected with any disease like Herpes, HIV, Cancer, Syphilis, Hepatitis A,B,C, all types of Cancer, Gonorrhea, life's problems that you might have etc. kindly Reach out to Doctor Razor on Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com. Whatsapp/Call him on +2349065420442. You can Also Visit His website : https://drrazorherbalhome.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome . My Sincere Gratitude to you Sir, God will surely Keep you safe from harms way. Please share so Other lives can be saved

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...